.jpg)
This is not a New Years resolutions, but I thought it would be fun to update all our friends out there on what is happening with our little family. Maija is almost 15 months! and doing great, she is a great eater, she sleeps well (although we did have our ups and downs there for a little while), honestly we have very little to complain about, even through her teething she is mostly a cheerful little girl. She is learning all kinds of skills...just like her daddy 'she got skillz" like Yoga (downward dog), and Kickboxing (she has a mean front kick ;) Maija is also a big reader, well at least when it comes to books like Dr. Seuss' ABC, and Hand Hand Fingers Thum. It is great to see her grow, one of my favorite moments in watching her grow up, has been to see her learn how to pray. When we all sit down to eat and she hears the word 'Prayer" or 'Oración" she quickly folds her arms, and she even says "men" at the end, it is adorable! Here is Maija this past summer sitting in Winchester bridge

Wyatt is still with the same company, which by the way had a really fun Christmas party, it was a treat to go away just the two of us, and hang out in Banff with his co-workers, thanks to Ama (that's what Maija calls Grandma Olson, for always helping us with Maija, and letting her have sleep overs so Wyatt and I can hang out on our own)
Wyatt has been working VERY hard on our belated Christmas present, we got a wonderful new bathroom for Christmas, and we are really looking forward to it, once it is done I will try to post some pictures. I am really proud of how little by little our house is becoming more our own. I was not too convinced on the idea of buying an 'older' home, but I think it is neat to see it improve....Although if you had asked Wyatt about that while he was trying to replace the Flange in our bathroom his reply would not be a positive one. In the topic of Skillz Wyatt has had to learn how to put lino, do some plumbing work, put up drywall, etc, I'm very proud of all the hard work that he has put into our place.
Wyatt is also really getting into his photography, here is his web page. He mostly specializes in outdoor photos, and he is working on his outdoor portraits now. All the photos in this post were taken by Wyatt.
Here is one of Maija in Fish Creek Park

I usually don't like to post pictures of me, but I think Wyatt did a good job on this photo

As for me, I too am getting some new Skillz, in Sep 2008 I started taking Oil Painting classes with Chris Jordan, you can check out his page here, he has an art studio near by, and I have learn a lot. He is a really good artist, and mostly works with realism, which in my opinion is the best form of art. I have finished one painting, and I'm very close to finishing my second. Also in Sep I started working part time at Southland Leisure Center, as a babysitter, it is very different from Intuit, which I do miss at times, but I can bring Maija to work, and she gets to play with other kids, and I can also use their gym, pool, etc, so it is not a bad deal. Well guys I hope this message finds you well, Happy 2009!
3 comments:
Sounds like you guys are doing well! I've been a little MIA from the blogging world for a while (too busy!) and it looks like I have more to catch up on with your little family! Great to hear from you!
great pictures! and always fun to get the update :)
you asked about church attendance - somebody suggested to me that instead of going back to bed Sunday morning after the baby wakes up to eat (i.e. 7am for us) that I just stay up and get ready, even if that puts me at being waaay too early. I don't know if that helps or not. Also, getting everything ready the night before, like what I'm wearing, what the baby is wearing, giving her a bath the night before, and (if I'm this organized) showering myself the night before and either straightening or putting my hair in sponge curlers the night before... and then once we're at church... I spend a lot of time in the mother's lounge, either nursing or changing diapers... but at least we're there, and I catch bits of lessons here and there, and our priesthood holder is at least attending his meetings and fulfilling his calling, and we've made the effort. And eventually I'll be able to be there for all of Relief Societ :)
lol so I was thinking about what I wrote later after I wrote it, and please don't get the impression that we're perfect at attending church - cuz we're not! in fact, when we had 9am church, we missed more than we attended. and we didn't even have a kid. but for some reason, now that we have a baby, going to church just feels so much more important. apparently. since we make *that* much more of an effort. but yeah. I missed all of sunday school and all of RS on sunday, hanging out in the mother's lounge trying to pacify my child and get her to eat/sleep. fun!
Post a Comment