Sunday, February 8, 2009

Oil Painting

On Sep 2008 I started taking Oil painting classes with Chris Jordan, it has been a really neat experience I always wanted to do this, so much, that I even studied art...well art history, but was always too chicken to try it myself, but not anymore!! Thanks to Wyatt's encouragement, and that one talk by Elder Ballard telling the women of the church to take time to develop their talents. So here are some pictures of my first two paintings, they are both copies from paintings found in Art of the West and Southwest Art.
This one is called "Lost Opportunity" the original was done by Luke Frazier I thought it would be neat to try out a landscape as my first painting, after all our home is filled with beautiful outdoor pictures taken by Wyatt, so I thought I could add to the same theme.


And this is the original that I used



For this next painting I lost the reference to the original artist, that's too bad, since I think He or She did all the work, I'm simply trying to learn from them.



And this is the original that I worked from



My next painting is going to be truly original, this time I will be working from a photograph that Wyatt took of the Cardston Alberta Temple, here is a preview, here I am working on the under drawing.

4 comments:

P. A. S. said...

I like yours better ;) I don't know if it's the lighting or what... but they're not as... gloomy?

Alberta Mortgage Experts said...

That is awesome! Amazing job on the painings - you look all-star pro!

Kim Hawryluk said...

WOW! Great work! You're so talented!!

Gicela said...

Wow, you are so talented! I have always wanted to paint, but I do NOT have that talent! I amazed by people who do. Your pics are awesome. You could totally sell them for millions! Well, they look like you could sell them for millions! Awesome job!