Thursday, March 4, 2010

What are we up to....

Maija and I have been busy learning new things. Maija graduated (I love saying that!) from her Mom and Tot III class, she can successfully blow bubbles, jump into the pool, and can now put her ears under the water. She loves the pool, and swimming, if it was up to her she would go to the pool everyday. It was a lot of fun to take that class, Maija had her friend Nathan with her, and she was so glad for that. He was like a little fish, and that was a good influence on Maija.
I have been taking a photography class, here are a few examples of what I have taken. I still have a lot to learn, but I am pretty lucky, that even though the class is over in a week, I still have my full time instructor at home (Wyatt is my best inspiration, and my daily instructor!). It was cool to go back to the U of C, it made me feel a little bit young, plus I also get to listen to a little bit of institute classes before my class starts.
Here are some of my favorite pictures...



This was taken in one of our many trips to the Zoo.



This was from the same trip, I love my model!



We went for a walk to Elbow Falls, which by the way is a great place to go with little ones, since it is not really a "hike" and little ones can easily walk around, and enjoy the outdoors. I used a Neutral Density filter for this picture, to get that effect on the water.



...and of course one more of my favorite little girl.

2 comments:

Claudia T said...

Nice pictures Monica! I didn't know you were going to school! Good for you!
You guys have such a cute little family :)

Julie said...

hola monica!!! I was just checking back on your blog to see if you'd posted anything new, only to realize I hadn't commented on your last post! I miss your blogging presence! You're such an inspiration to me to always be learning new things and doing new things with your daughter! I hope you and your family are doing well!!