Tuesday, October 5, 2010

ok so I had a small hiccup....


I know my last post was about how from now on I, Monica O, will not be reading books that were not "intellligent, good for the mind" etc etc...well...On Friday I celebrated my birthday, and Wyatt took me out to dinner, and after eating WAY too much chinese food, we went for a walk to Chapters.
Just as I walked in, there it was, the new SHOPAHOLIC book! I know this is the absolute opposite of intelligent literature, but it is SO MUCH FUN! I love reading Sophie Kinsella books. They are just like a breath of fresh air!
Her charaters are just hilarious. Becky Bloomwood gave me hope that perhaps my motherhood skills are not so terrible after all, and I laughed. In this book, the main character (Becky) is dealing with her life as a new mother of a two year old (You can see where this might relate).
I won't spoil the book for anyone that might feel like reading it, but as usual Becky makes you so angry, but at the same time makes you laugh with her stupidity!
So in light of my hiccup,here is my next question, what is your guilty pleasure book?

ps: I am as we speak reading Lord of the Flies again.

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Oh, can I borrow that after you???

Monica said...

sure you can. I'll drop it off at your place tonight when I go check it out.

Julie said...

I didn't even know there was another one coming!!! That's so awesome, I can't wait to read it :D (love love love kinsella...)

Claudia T said...

That sounds like a fun book to read!